- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets minced
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1 large red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lime zest minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Eight sprigs fresh parsley for garnish
Pan-Seared Scallops: Heat the olive oil and minced anchovies in a large skillet over medium-high heat, blending as the oil heats to break down the anchovies. When the anchovies are sizzling, include the ocean scallops, and cook without moving the scallops for 2 minutes.
Then, hurl red ringer pepper, orange chime pepper, red onion, garlic, lime pizzazz, and lemon get-up-and-go in a bowl; season it with salt and pepper. Sprinkle pepper blend onto the scallops and keep cooking until scallops have caramelized, around 2 minutes more. Turn scallops, mix the pepper blend, and continue cooking until the scallops have seared on the opposite side, 4 to 5 minutes. I am trimming with parsley sprigs to serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): Calories 265, Carbohydrates 22g, Protein 29g, Fat 5g